Central Sterile Tech II
Under the direction of the Supervisor Central Sterile, this position decontaminates, assembles, processes, sterilizes, maintains and distributes surgical instruments, supplies and patient care equipment and documents processes.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible Central Sterile experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or must have graduated from a Central Sterile Technician program.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician certification is required within 12 months of employment in position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of steam sterilizers, washer decontaminators, cart washers, and patient care equipment.
- Must have general knowledge of basic and specialty surgical instruments, implants, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation, and have effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Pay: $13.24 to $21.19/hour
$13.24 - $21.19
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 27495