Central Sterile Tech
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Central Sterile - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of $10,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Join us in shaping the future of health care.
As a Valleywise Health Central Sterile Tech, you will be vital to the patient care process. Central Sterile is the heartbeat of the hospital. This role focuses heavily on the ins and outs of infection prevention and materials management in relation to medical instrumentation and equipment. As a department, we are guided in an innovative direction that focuses on best practice standards and a positive culture that meets the missions, vision, and values of Valleywise Health.
As a Central Sterile Tech, you will grow your competence in a wide range of services, including Ortho, Neuro, Burn, Flexible Scopes, etc. This position primarily focuses on five areas on a rotational basis: Prep and Pack, Decontamination, Sterilization, Storage, and Flexible Scopes.
Apply now to make a positive impact on your community!
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Pension Retirement Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.87 - $24.88
- Requires a high school diploma/GED, a national certification through HSPA or CBSPD, or the completion of an accredited Central Sterile Processing program.
- Graduate of a Central Sterile Technician program is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible Central Sterile experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities or must have graduated from a Central Sterile Technician program or complete a training program by Valleywise Health’s Central Sterile department and have certification for a Central Sterile Technician.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician certification is required within 12 months of employment in the position.