Central Sterile Trainer
Under the direction of the department manager or designee, this position develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education, and assessment of Sterile Processing Technicians. The trainer measures and evaluates impact of education and contributes to the improvement of overall patient care and organizational outcomes.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer graduation from a Central Sterile Technician program.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of central sterile technician experience. Prefer prior experience as a Central Sterile Trainer.
- Certifications required:
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
- Certified Endoscope Reprocessor (CER)
- Certifications preferred:
- Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Technician (CSPDT)
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to travel to offsite clinical areas.
- In depth knowledge of the guidelines set forth by various industry standards and regulations including, but not limited to IAHCSMM, CBSPD, AORN, DNV, FDA, CDC, OSHA, AAMI.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturer instructions for use.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory and infection control policies.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions promptly and accurately.
- Requires the ability to work effectively without close supervision.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of steam sterilizers, washer decontaminators, cart washers, and patient care equipment.
- Must have general knowledge of basic surgical instruments, implants, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to disassemble moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Pay: $20.55 to $32.88/hour
$20.55 - $32.88
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 27684