Clinical Practice Educator_Ambulatory
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Center for Clinical Excellence
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Manager Professional Practice, the Clinical Practice Educator (CPE) facilitates the education of employees to improve patient care outcomes. Responsibilities include onboarding and orientation, assessment of competence, continuing education needs, development of programs to assist in professional growth and leading or participating in inter-professional research, evidence based practice and quality improvement projects. The CPE works collaboratively with leadership and independently manages assignments, seeking assistance when needed. The CPE facilitates positive environments for clinical learning and professional development.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing. Prefer Master's degree in Nursing.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible RN clinical practice or clinical educator/instructor experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association. BLS Instructor required within six months of hire.
- Prefer professional nursing certification such as Nurse Professional Development or clinical area specific.
- Additional life support instructor or other certifications may be required based on areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others; work autonomously and in group settings; be highly motivated with a strong incentive to succeed.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs; manage time and stress effectively.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Able to remain calm and customer focused during stressful situations.
- Requires computer literacy including ability to use Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Record and knowledge of learning management systems.
- Requires ability to lead groups to achieve improvement outcomes and ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Role model for professional behavior and critical thinking.
- Requires ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual skills are preferred.