Clinical Research Coordinator II (INTERNAL)
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Rsch - Clinical Study
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Manager, the Clinical Research Coordinator II is responsible for developing, organizing, identifying and implementing research activities under the Research Department. Directs, manages, and implements prospective clinical research studies. Analyzes and evaluates clinical data. Ensures compliance with protocols and overall clinical objectives. In addition, this position takes on a lead role in mentoring, developing other research coordinators and educates others on best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in biological sciences or related medical/scientific field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Master's degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of clinical research experience, preferably in a large healthcare system.
- Must have Human Subjects Protection Training or be able to obtain within 14 days of hire.
- Must possess a current valid Arizona driver's license.
- Requires SoCRA certification as Certified Clinical Research Professional; or ACRP/APCR certification as a CRA, CRC or PI. If possess a Master's degree then certification must be obtained within 12 months of employment in position.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and be proficient in medical terminology, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires excellent project management skills.
- Must have the ability to rotate being on-call and the ability to travel.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual a plus.
Salary Range: (26A) $22.66 - $33.99