Clinical Support Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Assertive Community Treatment
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, the Clinical Support Specialist works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide needed services to clients who have been designated as Seriously Mentally Ill (SMI). Clinical Support Specialists are responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring all non-clinical operations, including management of records, deliverables, multiple information systems, and triaging calls. Clinical Support Specialists serve as the primary customer service representative in coordinating care amongst the team, clients, providers, and/or stakeholders. The Clinical Support Specialist should possess an interpersonal style that is service-oriented with a willingness to learn, have professional and effective communication, work independently, show initiative, and have excellent attention to detail, procedures, processes, and policies. In addition, possesses an ability to handle crisis situations and utilize crisis intervention and/or conflict resolution skills.
Hourly Pay Range: $17.54 - $25.87
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefers an Associate’s degree in Business Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires at least one (1) year of administrative or general office-related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32 and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers within and outside of the organization.
- Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with clients, visitors, and coworkers.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, working with professionals, and maintaining confidentiality standards.
- Must have the ability to work independently and seek supervision appropriately.
- Requires the ability to maintain highly confidential information, including a working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure with strict timeframes.
- Must have proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Additional training on various computer software applications is strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.