Cogito Business Analyst
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Clinical Informatics
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager IT Applications, this position has responsibility for gathering report requirements, identifying appropriate reporting solutions and implementing reporting tools across different applications. They are a member of the Epic Reporting team and will take part in the development of reporting tools, as well as the validation of data and assisting with reporting implementations. This individual will serve as a liaison between the application teams, reporting team and customer to ensure reporting needs are being met. This includes working with customers to understand how to use developed data to help drive operational workflows and patient care forward.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nursing, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- A Master’s degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Requires five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare, consulting, and/or IT related experience that demonstrates a thorough understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems.
- Epic Cogito and Healthy Planet certifications
- If applicable to application(s) assigned to support, certification(s) for the specific business, clinical, or financial application(s)/system(s) is required and must be kept up to date.
- In addition, prefer professional clinical licensure (eg. RN, Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, etc) if supporting clinical application systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to use complex analytical tools and methods to analyze and streamline business processes. Must be able to routinely apply working knowledge in multiple relevant disciplines through creative applications to problems/innovation.
- Must be able to maintain accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct and persuade.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex data; and perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Requires ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Must be able to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.