Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: Patient Financial Services
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Supervisor Collections and Manager Credit/Collections, protects and recovers the hospitals assets by monitoring accounts receivable; collecting delinquent accounts and making payment arrangements.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have minimum one (1) year of progressively responsible billing and/or collections experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a hospital setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must understand the content of the billing and services that the hospital offers and bills.
- Prefer knowledge of managed care contracts, commercial, work comp, government, and self pay collections.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the patients, and any other outside agency either verbally and/or written.
- Must have an understanding of healthcare billing guidelines.
- Needs organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Need system knowledge of HIS systems, Excel, Word, and Access database.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $15.60 to $23.01