Communications Operator - Varied Shifts - Full Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: IT Service Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Call Center Supervisor, the Communications Operator performs extensive customer contact by providing timely, courteous telecommunications service for all components of Valleywise Health and is responsive to all callers by soliciting sufficient information to identify the nature and urgency of the call in order to refer and/or respond appropriately. The Communications Operator performs multiple telephone functions, maintains call schedules, has access to sensitive information, uses specialized equipment and/or systems and frequently needs to work independently in the absence of direct supervision, especially during the evening and weekend shifts.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires prior call center, communication center or switchboard experience.
- Prior relevant work experience in a hospital environment and/or experience in a customer service related field is preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Requires the ability to work independently, efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing, in order to communicate effectively with a wide variety of hospital personnel, patients and outside callers in gathering and exchanging approved information.
- Must convey a pleasant, helpful, caring attitude.
- Ability to exercise judgment in sensitive situations and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) is strongly preferred.
- Must have proficiency in call processing, equipment and operations.