Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of Human Resources management, the Compensation Consultant will be responsible for providing compensation consultation and analysis to all levels of staff within the organizational to enable appropriate business decision making abilities while providing excellent customer service. In addition, this position will be the lead in the design, implementation, and communication of various compensation programs; which includes, but is not limited to, assessing and designing compensation programs, market analysis, job description database, incentive programs, and pay for performance and equity programs.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or accounting; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
Requires at least five (5) years of progressively responsible compensation related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Prior experience in the healthcare field is required.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) or related World at Work certification is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of compensation theory and practice, job evaluation methodologies; and statutory requirements governing compensation administration.
- Knowledge of HR and compensation software applications is preferred.
- Must have a high level of integrity with an understanding of the need for confidentiality in maintaining the integrity internally and externally with HR data.
- Requires the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
- Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate strong analytical skills, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies with data.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Requires proven organization skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills that allow the ability to compose and edit internal communications targeted at different levels of the organization, as well as produce high level written reports.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.