Contract Specialist - 40 hrs. wk. - Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Contracts Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under general supervision of the Director Contracts & Procurement, this position provides a full range of procurement and contracting activities in support of the Valleywise Health system.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires at least two (2) years of experience in procurement or contracts management, preferably in a public sector or healthcare system that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of principles and practices of procurement and contracting, including skill in the design and layout of technical documents and contract documents.
- Must be able to perform research, reading, interpreting and writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and be flexible.
- Must be able to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Must have good knowledge and skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and other business applications.
- Requires skill in interpreting legal clauses and provisions is preferred.
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.