CT Technologist (Pool) - Varied Shifts
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD CT - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a radiologist or supervisor, performs computerized tomography procedures. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Radiography.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of medical imaging related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer two to three (2-3) years CT experience.
- Requires RT(R) and (CT) certification with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must be licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT) in Radiography (CRT) and Computed Tomography (CTCT).
- Radiographers cross trained in CT must obtain CT certification (ARRT CT and Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) CTCT) within one year of their CT hire date.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to work at various Valleywise Health facilities, as needed.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.