Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Anatomic Pathology - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Anatomic Pathology Supervisor, this position provides clinical support and diagnostic direction to physicians and other healthcare workers by performing average to complex cytological testing on neonate to geriatric patients.
Hourly Pay Rate: $31.58 - $46.58
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Cytotechnology or a related science, with a Cytotechnology certification from a 12-month AMA-accredited cytotechnology program.
- Prior experience performing cytological specimens is preferred.
- Requires certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- Requires BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess good verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.