Dental Assistant Certified
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Dental - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Dental Manager and Dentist, this position provides professional skilled age specific patient care. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful dental care for consumers in a diverse environment. Under the general supervision of a licensed Dentist, assists in chair-side procedures and performs all clinical duties and functions regarding patient care. Provides secretarial and technical related services for the Dental Clinic.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer completion of Dental Assistant course.
- Requires previous relevant patient care experience in a dental setting.
- Prefer at least three (3) years experience as a dental assistant.
- Requires dental radiography certification.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $15.60 to $23.01