Desktop Engineer III
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Infrastructure & Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Sr Manager IT Engineering & Infrastructure, this position is responsible for the evaluation, design, development, and engineering of desktop operating system standards. Desktop includes laptops, tablets and other types of portable devices. In addition, this position is responsible for clinical, business and back office application deployments ensuring backward and forward compatibility at a hardware and software level facilitated by adhering to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and engineering principles. Also responsible for the packaging and deployment of applications and Windows operating systems across the enterprise using various client management tools, and includes guidance of the Desktop Technician team for this packaging and deployment. At times assists the IT Service Delivery Team in their duties and special projects during times of high ticket volumes or staff shortages. This position is also responsible for the virtualization of specific applications and or desktops to ensure systems interoperability and backward compatibility. In addition, this position mentors, develops junior analysts, and educates others on best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Requires five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with development of application deployment packages to include scripting, development of desktop images and use of image software, and support experience with desktop, laptop and associated peripherals and software.
- Prefer experience with SCCM, ServiceNow and MSI packages, VMWARE Virtualization, VDI, XenApps, and XenDesktop.
- Working in a healthcare industry is preferable but not essential.
- ITIL foundation certification must be completed within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Prefer credentials in MS MTA, MCSA (Windows 7 or 8), and MS-MOS.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a high level of knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD), including knowledge and demonstrated experience with all aspects of Windows security implementation at both the AD and desktop level, including Windows group and local policy.
- Requires knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows 7/8 desktop engineering, i.e., creating and maintaining desktop images and performing software compatibility testing/certification, including the testing, review and approval process prior to deployment.
- Must have knowledge and experience with scripting in order to develop desktop pushes.
- Must have experience with the development and testing of desktop and laptop images, maintaining documentation, security and structure with these images.
- Must have previous experience providing desktop support, including break/fix troubleshooting.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to professionally handle multiple requests with different priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to follow procedures for tracking, resolving and reporting problems through automated tracking system, and following IT Service Management methodologies.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing with user community, teammates and technical personnel. An in-depth knowledge of Windows 7/8 and Microsoft Applications; excellent troubleshooting and resolutions skills; detailed documentation abilities; communication and organization skills; and an in-depth ability and understanding of Windows 7/8 registry, services, drivers, file systems, etc. is required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (36A) $36.91 - $55.37