Desktop Technician II- 40 hrs. Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: IT Service Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the guidance of the Manager IT Service Delivery, the Desktop Technician II position will be responsible for supporting Valleywise Health service operations by supporting and maintaining integrated IT hardware and software systems and various desktop office suite products. This position will analyze configuration and/or performance problems using specialized diagnostic tool sets to enable hardware and software functionality, while providing excellent customer service. This position has extensive customer contact with business stakeholders and customers relating to IT equipment located throughout the MIHS campus, as well as remote sites.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree or higher, in Information Technology or related field is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience providing desktop hardware and software support.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- A+ and ITIL certifications preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have previous experience providing desktop hardware and software support, including break/fix troubleshooting.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to professionally handle multiple customer requests with different priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to follow procedures for documenting, tracking, resolving and reporting problems through automated tracking system.
- Must have ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using ITIL best practices and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing with customer community, teammates and technical personnel.
- Must participate in a 7x24 on-call rotation performing weekend and after-hours support.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.