Desktop Technician III - 40 hrs. Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: IT Service Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the guidance of the Manager IT Service Delivery, the Desktop Technician III position will be responsible for supporting MIHS service operations by supporting and maintaining integrated IT hardware and software systems and various desktop office suite products. This position will analyze configuration and/or performance problems using specialized diagnostic tool sets to enable hardware and software functionality, while providing excellent customer service. This position has extensive customer contact with business stakeholders and customers relating to IT equipment located throughout the MIHS campus, as well as remote sites. Assists with troubleshooting and problem solving moderately complex issues and serves as a resource to other Desktop Technicians in resolving issues.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' experience providing desktop hardware and software support, including break/fix troubleshooting; OR an Associate's degree or higher in an IT related field plus one (1) year of desktop hardware and software support experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Within 18 months in position must possess ITIL foundation certification.
- A+ certifications preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to professionally handle multiple customer requests with different priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to follow procedures for documenting, tracking, resolving and reporting problems through automated tracking system.
- Must have ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using ITIL best practices and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing with customer community, teammates and technical personnel.
- Must participate in a 7x24 on-call rotation performing weekend and after-hours support.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.