Dialysis Technician CCHT or CHT
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Peoria
Department: Renal Dialysis - Peoria
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, this position will provide skilled technical services for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients undergoing dialysis. The Hemodialysis technician assures effective and efficient service and responds a licensed caregiver's direction any time the treatment varies from normal parameters, or the patient's condition becomes unstable. The Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) or Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) performs initiation and disconnection of patient on hemodialysis.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Dialysis Technician.
- Must have or be eligible for certification as a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT), Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) or Certified Clinical Nephrology Technology (CCNT) from a National commercially available certification program and/or obtain certification within 18 months of hire.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have the proven ability to maintain professional conduct, and confidentiality in the care of patients.