Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Maintenance - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer or designated leader, the Director Facilities plans, organizes, supervises and coordinates the activities of the plant operations, maintenance and project management functions that are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, H.V.A.C., mechanical, electrical systems, utilities and grounds in an operative and safe working condition. Responsible for all building related engineering and construction capital improvement projects throughout Valleywise Health facilities. The Facilities Director shall be accountable for planning and maintaining an effective organization through strategic planning for administering labor and material controls, for training of maintenance personnel in safety and for effective management practices. These activities shall be performed in a manor to uphold the mission, vision and values of Valleywise Health.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Master's degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional or technical experience in large-scale building management that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in building management with responsibility for building and equipment maintenance in a hospital or government setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to read and work from construction documents.
- Must have knowledge in plant operations, utilities, facility maintenance, project management and engineering & construction.
- Must have expertise knowledge of regulatory bodies, state, federal, local requirements, regulations, procedures, governing leases, contracts, services and equipment.
- Must have expertise knowledge of computer assisted facility management solutions including building automation systems, computer maintenance and asset management.
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership. Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.