Director Medical Imaging
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Radiology Support Services - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the VP of Ancillary and Support Services, the Director of Medical Imaging acts as administrative and technical resource for the Radiology Department and Cardiac Cath Lab at Maricopa Medical Center and for all offsite Radiology Services as part of Valleywise Health. Responsible for development, interpretation and implementation of hospital/departmental policies and procedures, long range plans and fiscal operations.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Radiology or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Master's degree is preferred.
- Must have minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible radiology experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in a related management position in a healthcare setting.ARRT, NMTCB or RDMS or equivalent.
- Prefer accreditation in additional modalities.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills are required.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with hospital personnel, physician staff and with subordinate personnel.
- Ability to manage through several layers of subordinate supervisors.
- Analytical skills needed to evaluate department and system data.
- In depth computer experience necessary in order to oversee and conduct operations and communicate via written media to institution personnel and customers outside the institution.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.