Director Nursing - Emergency Department - Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Within the framework of the objectives and policies established by Nursing and Medical Staff leadership, plans and coordinates nursing services with those of the medical and administrative systems. Responsible to create and drive an exceptional service line that embodies Valleywise Health mission and values. In conjunction with key stakeholders, facilitates the development of a strategic plan for the service line, implements the plan and markets the services. This position provides clinical management, leadership, coordination, and operational direction for areas of responsibility. This individual is responsible for management as it relates to safe care, policy adherence to support regulations and patient care standards, financial outcomes consistent with unit budgets, patient and employee satisfaction, physician relationships, quality initiatives, program development, and system-wide success. Assures evidence-based patient care by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice. Individual must be able to guide change process though leadership influence rather than authority.
- Requires a Master's degree in Nursing; or Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a Master's degree in related field or must obtain a Master's Degree with four (4) years from start date in job.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible clinical experience within the service line that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in a related management position in a healthcare setting.
- Must posses a current valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- ACLS, PALS, ATNC or other certifications may be required.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.