Director of Marketing
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Marketing & Communications
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development and execution of marketing strategies for Valleywise Health, as well as the development and implementation of robust marketing analytics to determine ROI. Under the direction of the Senior VP, Strategy, Marketing and Communications, the Director helps execute brand and image strategies, develops service line specific marketing plans, and works to drive consumer awareness and engagement. The Director will lead a team in developing multi-market strategies to increase market share and enhance competitive advantage for identified lines of business. The Director is experienced and skilled across all channels - traditional, digital and experiential. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to provide strategic marketing counsel to identify opportunities to drive growth, increase volumes, enhance the consumer experience, and cultivate brand loyalty.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Related Master’s degree is desirable.
- Must have at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible marketing experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working as a Director Marketing or related management position in a healthcare setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of marketing theories, practices and techniques.
- Must possess analytical and strategic thinking skills necessary to develop hospital and/or departmental policies and procedures, prepare marketing strategies, analyze consumer marketing survey data, and work with advertising agencies and media buyers.
- Adept in understanding and interpreting business plans, patient data, analytics and healthcare market trends.
- Knowledge of healthcare services and physician relations preferred.
- Must possess excellent guest relation and communication skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy and other interpersonal skills necessary for effective leadership.
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must demonstrate necessary discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.