Director of Talent Acquisition
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director of Talent Acquisition will strategically design and lead the execution of sourcing and acquiring talent to meet the business needs of Valleywise Health. This leadership role functions as a strategic, innovative thought-partner, while using a "hands-on" approach to drive best practices in Talent Acquisition. Using national benchmarking intelligence, the incumbent will deploy a sourcing process that is efficient, and consistently improves outcomes in all recruitment and retention metrics, while building and maintaining strong community partnerships. The incumbent will engage key partners in strategic workforce planning, which includes ways to increase diverse talent. This role ensures Talent Acquisition service-delivery is consistently meeting and exceeding customer/stakeholder expectations. This role oversees a team of talent acquisition consultants and specialists to ensure the organization continues to attract and retain talent throughout the life cycle of an employees’ journey with Valleywise Health. The role will be responsible for end to end recruiting activities including the creative development and execution of sourcing strategies and recruiting plans. This role is familiar with and can leverage benchmarks and data to pinpoint elements that drive continuous process improvement, allowing Valleywise Health to achieve its strategic goals. The Director of Talent Acquisition has a problem-solving mindset, is a strong business partner to our workforce and shares knowledge about how performance management drives talent management and organizational effectiveness.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- ‹‹‹‹Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities including hands on experience in Talent Acquisition/Recruitment.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability; including management of Talent Acquisition/Recruitment, preferably in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- ‹‹‹‹‹‹SPHR/PHR certification is strongly preferred. ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ‹‹‹‹‹Requires extensive professional level experience in Human Resources with a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of recruitment including marketing, candidate sourcing, interviewing, recruitment of healthcare professionals and other "hard to fill" positions.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, social media and recruiting process workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze benchmarking data and recruitment metrics to build a recruitment strategy.
- Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices is required. Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to develop, coach, and motivate recruitment staff, set goals and expectations, supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to high performance and high morale.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener with the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, as well as outside contacts.
- Must be a change agent with an ability to think creatively at both a strategic and tactical level to develop, implement and maintain a high performing recruitment function with well-developed policies, procedures and goals.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Requires the ability to be a bold, creative and independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires strong interpersonal, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in standard Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.