Director Talent & Organizational Effectiveness
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Sr VP and Chief Human Resource Officer, the Director Talent & Organizational Effectiveness is responsible for leading the vision, strategy, development and execution of organizational effectiveness, talent, culture and performance management programs aimed at advancing the mission and enhancing business results. This role ensures the company continues to measure employee’s performance outcomes, so Valleywise Health achieves its strategic initiatives. The role will be responsible for enhancing the current performance management process, forming an aligned goal setting process, creating and facilitating employee and leader training, and connecting the performance management process to succession planning. The position is one member of collaborative HR Team dedicated to partnering together to develop and execute talent management strategies system-wide. Overall, the role will offer timely, forward-thinking counsel on all issues related to the organization’s use of talent and culture in support of its mission to prepare it to make a positive impact.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer a master’s degree.
- Require a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible human resources related experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in areas of human resources such as organizational design and development, talent acquisition, performance management, and/or change management, or related management position in a healthcare setting.
- SPHR certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.