Echocardiogram Technician I (Pool) - Varied Shifts
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD ECHO - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of an appropriate physician or supervisor, the Echocardiogram Technician performs diagnostic procedures on adults and/or pediatric patients. Responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks and procedures as assigned. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate Ultrasound program.
- Prefer broad based experience in echocardiography testing as indicated by years of experience and types of tests performed (i.e. echocardiography/doppler exams, stress echocardiography exams, and TEE exams).
- Must be eligible to sit for ARDMS board registry (Adult or Pediatric Echocardiography Specialty).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with all departments and personnel related to echocardiography testing activities including additional technical and nursing staff, secretarial support, medical staff and vendors.
- Must be able to utilize inductive thinking for performance of many of the tests, along with the ability to evaluate patients well in a subjective manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be motivated to accomplish tasks that require self-direction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians as well as nurses and other support staff in order to schedule tests effectively and report results accurately.
- Must be a responsible individual so that day to day activities will be accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
- Requires knowledge of the importance of infection control and prevention of cross contamination and various methods of decontamination of equipment used.