EEG (Neurology) Tech
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Cardiopulmonary, this position operates Electroencephalograph (EEG) machine in order to measure brain wave characteristics for use by physicians in diagnosing brain disorders. As part of the testing process, an EEG tech will gather a patient's medical history, explain testing procedures, and prepare the patient for the procedure. During the testing, the EEG technician monitors the patient's status and notes any abnormalities. After testing is complete, they report their findings to the patient's doctor for further analysis.
- Requires graduation from an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology program or combination of training and experience which demonstrates potential abilities to perform the duties of this position.
- Prefer two (2) years recent work experience.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have general knowledge of anatomy and pathophysiology of diseases related to neurophysiology; manual dexterity to measure and mark electrode placement and ability to calibrate all equipment.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the hospital personnel.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.