Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Ambulatory Financial Counseling
Schedule: Grant PT 16 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the department Manager and Supervisor, this position ensures that patients receiving services from Valleywise Health have been properly screened for financial clearance. Obtains and maintains referrals for specific patients to ensure authorized services are received and provide the basis for maximum reimbursement. This position is responsible for thorough documentation and information entered into the Star system and provides assistance to patients inquiring about their hospital statements. This position ensures that all compliance policies are monitored and followed. As well as registers patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts. This position obtains necessary verification of insurance and other eligibility programs. Initiates and assists patients in completing the AHCCCS application. Tracks and monitors the completion of the AHCCCS application. Performs quality checks on all eligibility/AHCCCS applications initiated in the department and ensures they are processed on every self pay or unverifiable payer source. Also performs quality assurance checks on the AHCCCS application program and works with management and other staff to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information and direct experience with the AHCCCS application process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have detailed knowledge and understanding of DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 30 words per minute accurately.
- Basic math skills required.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience highly desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigative techniques in order to obtain information that may not be offered.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Critical thinking skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.