Emergency Department (ED) Tech Mid Shift Maryvale
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: ED - Maryvale
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director, this position provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs patient related tasks to include, direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures and other tasks as requested. The ED Tech will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician while documenting all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant nursing related or emergency services related experience.
- Must successfully complete an approved phlebotomy class, and Valleywise Health computer class within six (6) months of employment.
- Requires certification by the Arizona State Board of Nursing as a CNA or certification as an EMT by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, Trauma System for EMT's, or a nationally recognized equivalent certificate.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of EKG lead placement.
- Previous acute care hospital experience is preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.