Emergency Room RN FT Nights
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: ED - Maryvale
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advance Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing.
- In addition, the following experience will be required for the following Departments:
- Trauma/ED- Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ Registered Nurse license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
- ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.