Epic Clarity ETL Developer IV - Remote
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Clinical Informatics
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the department manager or designee, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining an enterprise data warehouse, which supports the data requirements for Valleywise. This position will work on a multidisciplinary team of developers within the Clinical Informatics and Business Intelligence Department and will collaborate with other departments across the Valleywise Health system to deploy common standards to a system wide data warehouse. This position will partner with business analysts, SQL Server Database Administrators, and Business Intelligence developers in implementing information technology solutions delivered to SQL Server for leveraging in SAP Business Objects, Epic Hyperspace as well as a visualization tool. ETL focused development.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- A Master’s degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible development and maintenance of data marts and ETL processing experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience in suite of data development and integration tool including SSIS, SSMS, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL, EPIC EHR, EPIC Clarity ETL Administration, EPIC Caboodle Administration
- EPIC Clarity Data Model Certifications
- If applicable to application(s) assigned to support, certification(s) for the specific business, clinical, or financial application(s)/system(s) is required and must be kept up to date.
- You may be required to obtain a fingerprint clearance card if you work in an area that has been deemed to require one. If required to obtain, must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain data marts for various business groups across a healthcare setting.
- Must have strong skills in code deployment and optimization with an ability to identify server performance issues related to an ETL process.
- Ability to build, manage and optimize ETL processes.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of using relational and multidimensional databases.
- Ability to perform basic performance tuning to optimize queries to meet user needs.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Data Warehousing and ETL concepts, including source to target mapping, transformations, error handling, job control, logging, alerting, and scheduling.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.