EVP, Chief Administrative Officer
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under broad direction from the President & CEO, the Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for leading the organization’s strategic direction, day-to-day operations, and administrative functions such as Legal, Human Resources, Ancillary and Support Services, Information Technology, Integrated Program Management, Process Improvement, Marketing and Communication and Business Development. This position identifies and leads opportunities, strategies, and actions that advance the organization's mission and vision, resulting in best in class support services, business growth and creating long-term sustainability.
- Requires a Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management, Marketing or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a large complex healthcare organization that demonstrates a deep understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated healthcare strategic leadership ability including management of staff, budgets and multiple functional areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment and achieve results, and demonstrate success in building collaborative, high performing teams characterized by hands-on, results orientation aligned with strategic plans and goals.
- Requires excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Requires ability to effectively interact with senior management and board members and operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Must be an entrepreneurial team player.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage and lead large organizations through periods of rapid and numerous changes.
- Must have ability to think creatively; be flexible; be self-motivating, energizing and optimistic.
- Must have proven ability to scope, plan and execute complex projects.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.