Executive Assistant I_IPMO
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Integrated Program Management Office
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Project Executive, this position is responsible for providing varied, complex, and confidential office administrative and professional support services for the system-wide Integrated Project Management Office (IPMO). Ensures timely flow of information to and from the IPMO; handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature; and functions efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screens and prioritizes communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes which are essential to this position. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating and preparing presentations, meeting arrangements and correspondence. Works in a very high paced, highly demanding role.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED. Prefer an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible executive level administrative assistant experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in the healthcare industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions regarding workload, where direction and/or precedents may not be available, as well as considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Must demonstrate a level of professionalism, maturity and tact in handling highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the executive as appropriate in his/her relationship with external customers.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have strong typing skills, preferably with the ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Must have proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the Internet. Additional training on various computer software applications strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and the executive's role within the organization.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.