Executive Assistant I - Nursing Administration - Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the appointing authority, this position is responsible for providing advanced administrative support for multiple Directors of Nursing/Executive Directors that support multiple service lines within Valleywise Health. Duties may include clerical assistance with correspondence; assistance with board activities; secretarial support; and routine office related functions, as well as the ability to take initiative to ensure productivity, organization, and completion of assignments efficiently and within established time frames.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED. Prefer an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative/clerical/office related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in the healthcare industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have strong typing skills, preferably with the ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Must have proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the Internet. Additional training on various computer software applications strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and the executive's role within the organization.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English