Family Learning Center Coordinator I
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - North Phoenix
Department: HTN Initiative
Schedule: Grant PT 20 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Library & Information Services Manager, the Family Learning Center (FLC) Coordinator I supports patients, families, and the community with a variety of needs by providing health information, community referrals, workshops, literacy activities, and eligibility and enrollment assistance. To support a family’s optimal health and development, the FLC I covers topics including: child development and behavior, safety and health, education and literacy, family social supports, family stability and economic supports, and positive parenting practices. The FLC Coordinator I actively promotes the Family Learning Center, both within Valleywise Health and with outside organizations.
- Requires a bachelor’s in Social Work, Health Education, Family Studies, Elementary Education, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have prior experience working with families providing health education programs or community health referral services that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to implement and assess effectiveness of family education programs and/or provide eligibility and enrollment assistance.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires excellent computer skills.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
Pay: $19.57 to $31.31/hour
$19.57 - $31.31
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 30694