Family Learning Center Coordinator II - Bilingual
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - West Maryvale
Department: FQHC Family Resource Center
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Library & Information Services Manager, the Family Learning Center (FLC) Coordinator II supports patients, families, and the community with a variety of needs by providing health information, community referrals, workshops, literacy activities, and eligibility and enrollment assistance. Works to strengthen and enrich families through comprehensive family support services and collaborative partnerships. Coordinator II supports the health care team and actively promotes the FLC both within Valleywise Health and with outside organizations.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Health Education, Family Studies, Elementary Education, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' of progressively responsible experience working with families providing health education programs or community health referral services that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must complete POC DCA Vantage - HGB A1C training within three (3) months of position startdate, and complete annual reassessment.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
- Requires Food Handlers Card within 30 days of starting position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to implement and assess effectiveness of family education programs and/or provide eligibility and enrollment assistance.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires excellent computer skills.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
Salary Range: $23.79 - $35.69