Financial Analyst II
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Reimbursement, the Financial Analyst II will assist the Senior Reimbursement Analyst in the preparation of mandatory regulatory reports including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Champus/Tricare, HRSA and FQHC Reports as well as other agency surveys and reporting requests. Additionally, this position will be heavily involved in the reconciliation process between Valleywise Health and the Medical Group. This position may provide financial analysis support to department managers and provide senior management with guidance on revenue and costs as it relates to regulatory reporting and the professional services contract. The position performs moderately complex queries and writes moderately complex reports to assist in financial analysis, audit requests, survey preparation and other informational requests. This position will participate in special projects, preparing management and financial data as necessary.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressive responsible experience that will result in the specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of healthcare reimbursement or financial analysis experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations and reporting requirements is preferred.
- Must be familiar with and able to interpret financial reports.
- Must have the ability to work with and develop complex spreadsheets and work with computer systems for data extraction and analysis.
- Must be familiar with hospital claim payment and patient accounting systems as well as a general knowledge of CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Must be able to assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; meet deadlines and coordinated activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- The capacity to anticipate and meet required deadlines mandated by external agencies is required.
- Must possess excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills (Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel).
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, advanced mathematical skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.