Financial Analyst II
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Reimbursement, the Financial Analyst II will assist the Senior Reimbursement Analyst in the preparation of mandatory regulatory reports including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Champus/Tricare, HRSA and FQHC Reports as well as other agency surveys and reporting requests. Additionally, this position will be heavily involved in the reconciliation process between Valleywise Health and the Medical Group. This position may provide financial analysis support to department managers and provide senior management with guidance on revenue and costs as it relates to regulatory reporting and the professional services contract. The position performs moderately complex queries and writes moderately complex reports to assist in financial analysis, audit requests, survey preparation and other informational requests. This position will participate in special projects, preparing management and financial data as necessary.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of decision support or financial analysis related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in healthcare industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access).
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles, cost accounting and information systems.
- Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution, frequently exercising independent technical judgment.
- Requires the ability to simultaneously support multiple applications.
- Must be able to maintain accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must have experience in database queries/management and report writing.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment; and have the ability to multi-task and have flexibility due to changing priorities.
- Must have ability to collect and analyze complex data; and the ability to perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into easy to follow conclusions.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including the ability to inform, advise, instruct, and persuade.
- Must be able to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Requires the ability to develop initiatives in an innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; meet deadlines; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.