Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Financial Counseling
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Registration Manager, this position ensures that patients receiving services from Valleywise Health have been properly screened for financial clearance. Obtains and maintains referrals for specific patients to ensure authorized services are received and provide the basis for maximum reimbursement. This position coordinates the needs of referring staff and patients and is responsible for thorough documentation and information entered into the ADT system. This position also provides assistance to patients inquiring about their hospital statements, ensures that all compliance policies are monitored and followed, and registers patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least two (2) years of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information with the AHCCCS application process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience highly desirable.
- Must have an understanding of DES/AHCCCS eligibility programs and factors.