Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Financial Counseling
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Registration Manager, this position ensures that patients receiving services from Valleywise Health have been adequately screened for financial clearance. Obtains and maintains referrals for specific patients to ensure authorized services are received and provide the basis for maximum reimbursement. This position coordinates the needs of referring staff and patients and is responsible for thorough documentation and information entered into the ADT system. This position also assists patients inquiring about their hospital statements, ensures that all compliance policies are monitored and followed, and registers patients while providing accurate and timely processing of all accounts.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.87 - $24.88
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least two (2) years of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information with the AHCCCS application process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess good verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, working with professionals, and maintaining confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience are highly desirable.
- Must have an understanding of DES/AHCCCS eligibility programs and factors.