General Maintenance Worker
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: Maintenance - Mesa
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under limited direction from the Supervisor Maintenance, this position provides general maintenance to Valleywise Health to allow for a safe and attractive hospital environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires two (2) years of maintenance related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Trades apprenticeship preferred.
- Must posses a valid Arizona driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experience in locksmithing, plumbing, welding, and/or painting preferred.