General Maintenance Worker
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: Maintenance - Maryvale
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under limited direction from the Supervisor Maintenance, this position provides general maintenance to Valleywise Health to allow for a safe and attractive hospital environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires two (2) years of maintenance related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Trades apprenticeship preferred.
- Must posses a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experience in locksmithing, plumbing, welding, and/or painting preferred.