Graduate Nurse (New Grad RN Program) Medical Surgical Nights
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of a Nurse Manager, this position develops and consolidates a nurse's skill, knowledge, and experience in a multidisciplinary environment to be an effective member of a multidisciplinary Health Care Team through a structured program in the workplace. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
Quality Care for Over 140 Years. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Valleywise career.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must be either a new graduate nurse or have less than six months experience as an RN, or be a RN that has not practiced at the bedside for more than two years.
- Prefer LPN, Nurse Extern, or other nursing related experience.
- Must attend and successfully complete the Valleywise Health Nurse Residency program by meeting all the requirements specified in the program within six months of starting the program.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must be able to provide at least one year of employment after successful completion of the Nurse Residency Program.
- Must provide recent "official" transcripts with grades up to the semester prior to application with a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to provide two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of community service or membership in community-oriented organization is preferred.
- Must meet all conditions set forth in Nurse Residency Program requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.