Guest Service Representative
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Volunteer & Guest Relation Services
Schedule: Per Diem 16 Hour Per Week
Reporting to the Manager Volunteer & Guest Service, the Guest Service Representative serves as a resource for patients, visitors, and staff. This position provides a positive first impression to all customers of Valleywise Health. Consistently works to determine guests' needs and seek resolution in order to provide an outstanding experience at the facility. Guest Services Representative promotes the flow of all patients/guests within the facility. This position welcomes all guests and guides them to appropriate destinations. Must demonstrate the utmost respect for patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Associate's degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of customer service related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a healthcare environment.
- Spanish Bilingual Associate certification is strongly preferred.
- HeartSaver or CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires basic PC experience in a windows environment including the ability to use the internet and learn internal company software.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Creativity, independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Time management skills a must.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.