Health Unit Coordinator
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Unit 1 - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the HUC's main responsibilities are to act as a liaison between the patients and staff. They must have excellent communication skills in order to serve as this vital link between the physicians, nursing staff, various departments, patients, and visitors. Unit coordinators serve as receptionists on patient floors and in the clinic setting; they must possess a pleasant and professional disposition in dealing with the public. Performs a variety of diversified secretarial duties for the unit, which includes but is not limited to; typing, filing, data input, answering phones, ordering supplies and preparing special projects for the unit. Provides support to the clinical staff by tracking consults, stat orders, supplies, patient movement throughout the system, etc. Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission, critical goals, and behavioral standards of the organization into their job performance.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires completion of an approved health unit coordinator/secretary program or must have a minimum of one (1) year of related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prefer experience in a healthcare setting.
- NAHUC certification is preferred.
- Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit completed application to the Arizona Department of Public Safety within seven days of hire date. Fingerprint clearance cards must remain valid for the entire period of issuance and must be renewed prior to expiration.
- Med Psych - Unit II: Must have CPI certification within 14 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record is helpful for the role.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the philosophy and technique of the restraint application.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.