Healthcare Data Analyst
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: Grants - ADHS Ambulatory HIV Testing
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the department manager or designee, this position provides leadership and expertise in data collection, analyses, and presentation within and outside the organization.
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in health informatics, statistics, mathematics or other healthcare related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible data analysis, data validation, and healthcare procedures experience that that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer specialized training in analytics or other data analysis with an emphasis on healthcare.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Must have knowledge of current principles, theories, and trends related to quality management.
- Must have the ability to perform duties accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive team working relationships to promote positive change and quality improvement initiatives.
- Must have the ability to prepare educational materials and facilitate training.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to navigate across a number of different physician specialties.
- Requires strong knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Requires knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, graphs, Word documents, Access, and Powerpoint. Requires master level experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in SQL and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse and data management systems
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.