HIM Data Integrity Specialist II
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management - Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Health Information Management (HIM) Data Management and Integrity Supervisor, this position is responsible for monitoring and correcting all potential document inaccuracies and duplicate patients' medical record numbers (MRN). This position is responsible for providing patient medical records for continuation of care; and responsible for delivering information that can be used to make informed business decisions, and that the provided information is accurate, relevant and error free. This position may act as a change agent responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of all departments, enterprise wide, and system quality improvement and cost saving initiatives. Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
Salary Range: $16.22 - $23.92
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Working towards or completion of an Associate's degree program is preferred.
- Requires three (3) or more years of progressively responsible Health Information Management experience working with an Electronic Health Record and Electronic Document Management system that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Epic, or Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to perform all functions required of the HIM Data Integrity Specialist I.
- Requires the ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn within a short period of time.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in HIM database systems, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Document Management systems.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in medical terminology.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to categorize data both in an electronic and hard copy format.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills both verbally and in writing, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must be able to work with others to fully understand the scope of data integrity capabilities within the EHR.
- Requires the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Requires excellent organizational and team building skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to influence and adjust positively to change and follow through on all assignments.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan work activities and set effective priorities that are aligned with departmental and Valleywise Health operational and fiscal goals.
- Requires knowledge in the use of a computer, fax machine, copier and scanner.
- Must be able to follow all federal and state regulations, as well as all Valleywise Health policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $16.22 to $23.92/hour
$16.22 - $23.92
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38055