HIM Document Imaging Specialist - 4o hrs. Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor, the HIM Document Imaging Specialist is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, accuracy, daily maintenance, release of information and storage of all data both in an electronic and hard copy format consistent with the administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements. This position processes documentation into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Data Management (EDM) systems. The HIM Document Imaging Specialist is responsible for demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient and various hospital departments’ information.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires prior experience working in a clinical setting managing medical records that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior experience as a Medical or Nursing Assistant or related position utilizing critical thinking skills to process and accurately classify patient information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn within a short period of time.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in HIM database systems, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Document Management (EDM) systems.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to categorize data both in an electronic and hard copy format.
- Must be able to work with others to understand the scope of document imaging capabilities within the EHR.
- Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Requires excellent organizational and team building skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to influence and adjust positively to change and follow through on all assignments.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan work activities and set effective priorities that are aligned with departmental and Valleywise Health operational and fiscal goals.
- Must be able to follow all federal and state regulations, as well as all Valleywise Health policies and procedures.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills both verbally and in writing.
- Including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Requires knowledge in the use of a computer, fax machine, copier and scanner.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.