Histotechnologist (Pool); Histo Tech; Anatomic Pathology - HT/HTL
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Anatomic Pathology - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clinical support and diagnostic direction to physicians and other health care workers by performing average to moderately complex histologic testing on neonate to geriatric patients.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and successful completion of an accredited histology training program; or completion of a hospital-based training program; or two (2) year internship or on the job training sufficient to ensure the ability to perform all tasks required.
- Prefer prior clinical laboratory experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or certification eligible is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.