Housing Support Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Assertive Community Treatment
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) Clinical Coordinator, the ACT Housing Support Specialist provides direct housing and housing related services to assist ACT team members in obtaining and maintaining permanent independent housing in the least restrictive setting possible to assist individuals with Serious Mental Illness being served by the Valleywise Health Assertive Community Treatment team. This position ensures that individuals are provided housing options at all levels of recovery. This position is committed to meeting the member where they are and providing services in the community and home as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to Behavioral Health; OR any other Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR any Associate's Degree and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR eighteen (18) credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR a high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of experience working with adults with a serious mental illness that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience working with an ACT team or providing housing services is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have extensive knowledge of housing services, accessing affordable housing, and resources for individuals with serious mental illness.
- Must have understanding of Permanent Supportive Housing evidenced based practice.
- Requires home and community visits and knowledge of service needs and entitlement and community resources.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings and on-call rotation.
- Requires the ability to have a reliable form of transportation to travel throughout the community with transportation of ACT members as needed.
- Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with clients, visitors, and coworkers.
- Requires the ability to maintain highly confidential information, including a working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Must have the ability to work independently and seek supervision appropriately.
- Must be at least 21 years of age; or at least 18 years of age and licensed as a Nurse, Physician Assistant, or Behavioral Health professional.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $18.24 - $26.90