HVAC Tech - 40 hrs wk Varied Schedule
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Engineering and Construction
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Supervisor Power Plant, this position performs HVAC and Power Plant activities associated with repair, maintenance, and associated documentation to maintain a safe and attractive hospital environment.
- Requires an Associate's degree in HVAC or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- A minimum of five (5) years HVAC experience in an industrial or hospital setting is preferred.
- Advance training in DDC, air balance, and energy management systems is preferred.
- Must posses a valid Arizona driver's license.
- EPA certified for refrigerant recovery required.
- Boiler Operator certificate preferred.
- Journeyman's license or 60 credit hour HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of fire protection codes, plumbing and other building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to perform HVAC maintenance work and to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.